Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oreo Bon Bons

1 package oreo cookies
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
Almond Bark

Crush up oreos to crumbs.(I grind them in the blender in small batches.) Mix crumbs thoroughly with cream cheese(I think mixing with my hands works the best). Roll into balls(they don't need to be very big because the coating makes them even bigger). Melt almond bark according to package directions. I use vanilla flavored, and I find it easiest to melt it in the microwave. Dip cookie balls in the almond bark. Place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. You can then drizzle them with chocolate bark, or just melted chocolate chips or bakers chocolate. Refrigerate to help the coating set. I think these are best chilled. They freeze well and will last a while.


*These are a family favorite and a hit with everyone who tries them. They make great neighbor gifts. So good!!


3 comments:

JoLyn said...

I am so making these!

Judith Richards Shubert said...

These look terrific! I'm a chocoholic. Come visit me at Food Gratitude!

Jenny-Jenny said...

I can't wait to try these!! First time here....so much yummy looking food. Thanks for giving me a variety of things to add to the repertoire.